We recently transformed our studio to create a styled kids' room photo shoot. Here are our tips for how to create a dreamy space for your little ones to play, read, and dream.
- Make the space feel warm and cozy – layer upon layer of sheets, cushions, rugs and throws ensure the space is soft and luxe.
- Use an earthy colour palette – we love pastels and stonewash tones, think mustard and terracotta, creams, dusty pinks and olive greens. Dress their bed in the softest ever linen, for their best sleep yet.
- Create a quiet space for reading – separating a nook within their room allows your little ones to escape to the magical world of books. By sinking into a cosy beanbag, they’re sure to get lost in the pages of their favourite book.
- It's all in the detail. To create a dreamy space, add a little magic with fairy lights, felt balls or crochet bunting. To refresh the space, we brought in a indoor plant (tip: placement is key; indoor plants generally like a well-lit sun-filtered position) plus some dried flowers in the form babies breath.
- Somewhere to play – from wooden bocks and rattles to handwoven music shakers, don’t forget to place toys at arm’s reach.
Byron Bay Hanging Chairs - Paris Daybed
Deiji Studios - Mustard and Lilac Duvet Covers
We Are Pampa - Monte Pom Pom Cushion # 1 and #9
Agnes Avenue - Light Grey Linen Beanbag
Ollie Ella - Luggy Basket and Minichari Bag
Noc Noc Wooden Toys - Woodland Wooden Blocks and Organic Wooden Rattle
Young Folk Collective - Handwoven Caxixis Music Shaker
Such Great Heights - Dolls highchair and Clothing Rack